Solidarity to the Italian Unions General Strike: March 15
The BWI is calling all its affiliates to send solidarity messages of support to the Italian unions--- FILLEA-CGIL, FILCA-CISL, and FENEAL-UIL---as they prepare for a national General Strike that will take place on 15 March 2019.
In the past ten years due to the political policies of the Italian government, 600,000 construction workers have lost their jobs, 120,00 companies in the industry
- Creation of more jobs in the construction sector through public investment
- Establishment of a national credit fund;
- Implementation of a national framework for regulation of natural raw materials;
- Ensure equal pay for equal work to counter social dumping;
- Establishment for
permanentinter-ministerial forum to address labourissues; and
- Implementation of new and effective housing policies
You can express solidarity and support by doing the following:
- Send letters of support to the Italian unions in care of BWI.
- Take a photo with the attached poster and distribute it via social media including the BWI@Work facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pg/BWI.work