Action Alert: #ProtectTheAmazon
The largest tropical rainforest worldwide, the Amazon, currently faces illegal timber extraction and climate law violations, precarious work conditions, modern slavery and other human rights abuses.
If not contained and reversed, the large-scale deforestation seen in the Amazon will lead to an even greater increase in global temperatures and extreme climate events. Therefore, protecting the Amazon protects us all!
As part of the Climate Justice Campaign, this 5th of September, the International Amazon Day, BWI is organising a flood of tweets to #ProtectTheAmazon.
How to engage?
- Go to X, formerly known as Twitter, and post messages and use the hashtags: #ProtectTheAmazon #BWIActForAmazon #BeatTheHeat and #JustTransitionNow, and tag @BWIglobal
- Find message suggestions in several languages here.
5 September, for for one and a half hours:
- BOGOTA; PANAMA CITY - 7:00 AM
- SÃO PAULO, B. AIRES - 9:00 AM
- GENEVA; JOHANNESBURG - 2:00 PM
- ANKARA - 3:00 PM
- NEW DELHI - 5:30 PM
- KATHMANDU - 5:45 PM
- NAYPYDAW - 6:30 PM
- JAKARTA - 7:00 PM
- MANILA - 8:00 PM
Spread the news!
- Follow (at)BWIglobal on X/Twitter. Post, repost and like.
- Invite your friends to the Facebook event share the event in your different social media platforms.
- Share the countdown via Instagram and set a reminder.
To know more about BWI's climate justice campaign, go here.
Take action! Heat up workers’ rights, not the planet! Protect the Amazon!